Fri, Sep 29|
The Big Chill
2023 Annual NCAWA Conference
Join us on Friday, September 29th, 2023 for our reception, silent auction, and banquet. Registration includes 7 virtual CLE's, which will be hosted throughout the month of September.
Time & Location
Sep 29, 5:00 PM – 8:30 PM EDT
The Big Chill, 911 E Morehead St #100, Charlotte, NC 27703-8424
About the event
Join us on September 29th, 2023 for our reception, silent auction, and banquet. Registration includes 7 virtual CLE's, which will be hosted throughout the month of September.
CLE Offer: Can't make the in-person event, but would like to attend the CLEs? Register for all seven CLEs for one great price.
All CLE's are from 12:00 PM to 1:15 PM EST
- September 5 (TU): "Bruises on the Soul: Moral Injury and the Legal Profession". Presenter: Robyn Smith; Law Office of Robyn Smith. CLE Credit: 1 General Hour.
- September 7 (TH): "That 'Oh No' Moment: I Made a Mistake. What Now?". Presenters: Laura Loyek, Will Graebe; Lawyers Mutual, NCAWA Platinum Partner. CLE Credit: 1 Ethics Hour.
- September 12 (TU): "Slavery's Legal Legacy and its Meaning for North Carolina Lawyers". Presenter: Justin Simard; Citing Slavery Project. CLE Credit: 1 General Hour.
- September 14 (TH): "Legislative Update". Presenter: Skye David; NCAWA Lobbyist. CLE Credit: 1 General Hour.
- September 19 (TU): "ChatGPT: Pitfalls & Uses in the Legal Profession". Presenter: Lindsay Kennedy; Legal Reinforcements. CLE Credit: 1 Tech Hour.
- September 21 (TH): "eCourts". Presenter: Lindsey Granados; Granados Law Group. CLE Credit: 1 General Hour.
- September 26 (TU): Annual Meeting
- September 28 (TH): "Women Lawyer Attrition". Presenters: Jodi Cleesattle, California Department of Justice; Katy Goshtasbi, Puris Consulting; Michele Powers, Elite Lawyer Coaching. CLE Credit: 1 General Hour.
NCAWA has arranged for there to be a limited block of rooms available for attendees at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlotte Uptown for $149 per night. The room block dates start Friday, September 29 and end Saturday, September 30. The last day to book any available rooms is Friday, September 8. Reserve your hotel room by clicking here.Thank You to Our 2023 Annual Sponsors!
- Platinum Partner: Lawyers Mutual
- Silver Partner: Hedrick Gardner
- Bronze Partner: Attorney At Law Magazine
- Bronze Partner: The Forge Companies
- Bronze Partner: Ward Black Law
- Bronze Partner: McGill & Noble
- Business Partner: Towne Bank
- Business Partner: The Bishop Law Firm
- Business Partner: Law Office of Manisha P. Patel PLLC
- Business Partner: Catherine Davis Photography
- Business Partner: ERA-NC Alliance
- UNC-Chapel Hill Law School
- NCCU School of Law Women's Law Caucus
- Kendra Scott
- Urban Sweets
- Sharon Grant
- Door Decor, LLC
- Oh, Goodness Fine Portraits (Winston-Salem)
- Durham Bulls
- Laura Loyek, NCAWA Past President
- Durham Life and Science Museum
- Law Office of Manisha P. Patel, PLLC
- Our State Magazine
- Wines for Humanity
- Nani's Soap Boutique Southern Pines
- High Octane Coffee Aberdeen
- Beautycounter by Melissa Lynn Lewis
- Ziya by Melissa Lynn Lewis
- Sandhills Trolley Co.
- Posh Tips and Toes
- NC State Athletics
- Charity Safaris
- Lauren Rikleen author of Her Honor
- Wander & Perch
- Scavenger Hunts By Let's Roam
- ERA NC Alliance
Silent Auction and Cocktail Hour